Looking for more sociable hours getting out of work at 6:30pm at the latest and being off at Christmas?
Individuals must be able to accurately & efficiently prepare and cook a variety of hot & cold dishes and garnishes. Applicants must take responsibility for quality of products served, wastage, portion controls and the cleanliness and hygiene standards.
Our operating hours are 09:30 – 18:00 7 days a week and would suit chefs with family who want sociable hours.
Line Chef’s Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Prepares a variety of dishes and other food items for cooking in ovens, grills, fryers, burners and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, ovens, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Takes joint responsibility for all kitchen issues.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, marinating and other methods.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Is well versed with Hygiene procedures and is capable of ensuring our 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating
- Punctual and reliable.
Previous experience in a similar capacity in a fast paced restaurant is preferential but passion, commitment and willingness to learn is essential.
If you are still interested then please fill out our Job Application form and submit it online.